Rock Springs Historical Museum – After opening day In 1921 the Rialto’s manager and part owner, Rom Berta, filled most of the twel...
Picture circa 1922
310 South Main St
“Construction for the Rialto had been started during the 1920 boom year with funds provided by local investors. After opening day In 1921 the Rialto’s manager and part owner, Rom Berta, filled most of the twelve hundred seats with vigorous promotion. Admission to the movies was one dime for kids and free fro all on Labor Day and Eight-Hour Day (April 1), celebrating the anniversary of the establishment of the eight-hour shift in the mines. There was a free movie at Christmas time, too, paid for by the attorney, Douglas Preston. These free shows were the only ones some children saw during the year.”
Booms and Busts on Bitter Creek by Robert B. Rhode. Booms and Busts on Bitter Creek. 1987, 1999. 128-129